Our Media/Entertainment/Communication department aims to support all sectors related to creation, cultural industries, entertainment and communication.
These sectors include audiovisual, cinema, music, live performance, advertising, video games, sport, media (press, TV, radio, digital) and publishing.
These sectors have always had a special position in the economy because of the impact they have on our societies, our lifestyles and our vision of the world.
Today, with the development of the information and image society, they are powerful economic sectors, creating wealth and jobs.
From a legal point of view, they all have in common that they rely on intellectual property to create and protect value. But they are obviously framed by other branches of law, such as regulations to encourage French creation, taxation to support it financially, social law to protect talent, and press law to protect freedom of expression. Digital law is also essential since content is undoubtedly one of the most permeable sectors to information technology innovations, as evidenced by the NFT craze in this sector.
At Simon Associés, our strength is that our multidisciplinary teams are able to respond to all these specific legal issues, while understanding the globality of the activity and its stakes in order to respond in the most intelligent and efficient way a lawyer can.
Our missions therefore cover all the issues – both in the advisory and (pre-)litigation phases – that these players may encounter. And we are able to act in a French or international context.
- Audiovisual production : We are able to assist producers in all phases: securing development, financing, public or private, regulatory qualification of works, hiring of talent – with issues of international mobility – distribution, marketing, management of claims and procedures – insufficient authorisations, plagiarism, link with insurers.
- Music : Securing productions, structuring labels and publishers, supervising sponsorship and merchandising operations, issues of collective management and neighbouring rights.
- Entertainment : Production management, ticketing issues, management of complex co-productions.
- Sport : Analysis of ambush marketing operations, assistance with sport regulations (e.g. MMA) with Federations, setting up events, talent management.
- Advertising : Brainstorming and validation to develop campaigns in hyper-regulated sectors such as alcohol, CBD, crypto-currencies, and implementation. Coaching production of advertising films, brand content and relationships with influencers and models.
- Digital : Analysis of the impact of technical processes on the exercise of copyrights or neighbouring rights by technical providers, implementation of NFT operations.